Why take this Food Hygiene and Fire Safety Training?
Food hygiene and fire safety training are essential for any hotel, guest house, restaurant, public house, cafe or school.
The Level 2 Food Safety and Hygiene for Catering course will help you to raise understanding and achieve good standards of food safety and hygiene within your business. Upon completion, learners will have an understanding of a wide range of key food safety issues, including the three main types of food safety hazard, their sources and methods of control.
The Fire Safety course will teach your staff about the causes of fire, detection and warning systems, evacuation procedure and how to tackle small fires when necessary. The training will help you meet your legal obligation under the Fire Safety Regulations (The Regulatory Reform (Fire Safety) Order 2005) to provide information, instruction and training to employees about fire precautions in the workplace.
Food Hygiene e-learning content
After taking the Level 2 Food Safety and Hygiene for Catering course learners will:
- Understand common food hygiene terminology
- Understand the impact of food-bourne illness
- Know about food law and legislation
- Know how contamination can be prevented and controlled
- Understand food storage and preservation
- Know the importance of personal hygiene
- Understand how to keep premises and equipment clean
- Understand HACCP principles
Fire Safety e-learning content
After taking the Fire Safety course, learners will:
- Understand the key legislation involving fire safety
- Understand the legal requirements for workplace safety
- Understand the "Fire Triangle" and how it may be used
- Know how to react in a fire and understand the different warning systems
- Understand the importance of an evacuation plan and key evacuation legislation
- Understand the different types of fire and what the causes may be
- Understand which type of fire extinguishers to use
- Be able to take steps to minimise the risk of a fire occurring
The Level 2 Food Safety and Hygiene for Catering course is accredited by City and Guilds. The certificate awarded for completion of this course contains an authorisation seal.
The Fire Safety course is CPD certified. This means that the content of this training has been independently certified as conforming to universally accepted Continuous Professional Development (CPD) guidelines.
Both courses usually take between one and two hours each to complete, depending on the speed of learning. Learners do not have to complete all the training in one session as progress is recorded throughout and the training can be paused and resumed in our learning management system at any time.
Food Hygiene and Fire Safety training is essential for any hotel, guest house, restaurant, public house, café or school - whether you're a sole trader or looking after the interests of thousands of employees.
There are no entry requirements for taking this training.
Tests and certificates
Each end of course test consists of 15 multiple choice questions. Learners are required to achieve a 75% pass mark, and, if necessary, may attempt the test three times at no extra cost.
If learners do not achieve the 75% pass mark, further attempts may be given by contacting our support team.
Learners will be able to download a digital certificate on completion of each course. This can be printed, and we suggest you keep it for your records.